To view the A Day in the Life of an Admin Webinar video, follow the directions in this article.
Related article: A Day in the Life of an Admin
Questions and Timestamps
2:30 Add a Patient Pharmacy
3:21 Import Surescripts Drug History
4:23 Queue Pending Prescriptions
5:42 Record a Medication
7:38 Pharmacy Renewal Request Log
8:42 Add Patient Allergies
9:39 Location Pharmacies
10:37 Pharmacy Communication Log
10:49 Prescriber Report
12:38 The Surescripts Drug History link is not always highlighted.
- As long as there is a prescriber selected, the prescriber's NPI will allow the drug history to load and make the SureScript Drug History link active, as long as the patent information matches.
15:52 Pharmacy changes are not sticking.
- This is a known issue that our developers are working on fixing. If you find the pharmacy doesn't stick for the patient, the workaround is to search for and add the pharmacy on the Transmit Rx screen.
17:43 Surescripts Drug History Consent is defaulted to off.
- Once consent is obtained, it is toggled on and then will stay on.
18:20 Where is the date on the Active Medication list coming from?
- The date on the Active Medication list is the date of the initial migration of data from eCR. If you are seeing incorrect dates, please send a ticket to the Helpdesk for assistance.
19:35 Why would a prescription be sent to a pharmacy but the pharmacy says they didn't receive it?
- Check the details of the prescription. If the details show Verified, Sent or Success, it was received by the pharmacy. If the pharmacy says they did not, it is a pharmacy training issue that NewCrop can research for you. Please send the Helpdesk a ticket for assistance.
22:08 How do we audit who turned on the Surescripts Drug History Consent?
- Not at this time. We will find out how to get this information.
22:51 Do the Rx Notes go to the pharmacy?
- Pt Details tab > Rx Notes at the bottom - No these are internal notes for your agency.
24:40 Are the Surescripts training materials available to us?
- No, NewCrop has never been provided with these training materials.
26:06 Can we turn off the ability for a Nurse to transmit Rx?
- No. If you do not want a Nurse to be able to send an Rx, you will want to change their role to Admin.
26:38 How can we check as an Admin if a PA was approved?
- Click the ePA link in the top right.
27:55 Is there a way for a pharmacy to communicate what is needed if there is an issue electronically?
- This would come over as a Pharmacy Change Request.