Prescribers are asked to complete an identity verification questionnaire as part of the registration process. Questions are based on a personal credit profile. If the prescriber is unable to answer the questions, or if the system is unable to generate identity proofing questions, they have the option to identity proof via webcam or snail mail.
Click the tabs below to expand the information on each tab.
Snail Mail Identity Proofing
- Exostar will mail an activation code to the address you listed as your home address. This will arrive in 3-5 business days and will contain the activation code needed to complete Exostar registration.
- Click the Mail Activation Code button..
NOTE: You must use your home address to identity proof, not an alternate or business address.
- Click the OK button on the popup window.
NOTE: Your activation code will arrive within five business days. This code expires, so it is important to return to complete the process as soon as your receive the code.
- Once you have received your activation code, return to the Identity Proofing Section of the eRx Registration Process (this will launch automatically when you access NewCrop), and click the Resume button.
- Enter the Activation Code you were mailed in the Activation Code field.
- Click the Submit button.
Webcam Identity Proofing
With this option, before you can schedule your webcam appointment, you will be allowed a second attempt to complete your verification via the Exostar questions.
If you fail your second attempt, you will be prompted to schedule a webcam proofing appointment. This appointment will take approximately 5-10 minutes and requires that you have your camera on (on either your computer or your phone. During this appointment with Exostar, you will hold up your driver's license (or passport) which will verify your identity. The name you input during the registration process must match your driver’s license in order to be verified.
Schedule Webcam Appointment
- Identity proofing can not be completed via the questionnaire.
- You are prompted to review the Subscriber Agreement for Webcam Identity Proofing. Click the Review button.
- Click the I Agree button at the bottom of the User Subscription Agreement.
- Click the Schedule button.
- Select English as your language and click Click the Continue button.
- Click the Continue button in the Exostar Live Video Identity Verification window.
- Verify that the Time Zone is correct for your location.
- Select a Date and Time for the appointment.
- Click the Continue button.
- Enter your Contact Information.
- Click the Confirm button.
- You will receive an appointment confirmation.
NOTE: Click Add to Calendar to add the appointment to your personal calendar.
After a webcam appointment has been scheduled, prescribers receive an email confirming the appointment and a reminder email the day before the appointment. 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment, prescribers will receive an email with a link to the webcam meeting. Prescribers must be prepared to show the Exostar agent a driver's license or passport.
- Click the Link in the Email you received 15 minutes prior to the appointment to start the meeting.
- Show the Proofing Agent your Drivers License or Passport to validate your identity.
- Write down the Activation Code given to you by the Proofing Agent.
NOTE: The Activation Code is valid for 30 days.
- You will receive an email confirming that webcam identity proofing is complete.
NOTE: The confirmation email will not contain the Activation Code.
- Return to the Identity Proofing section within NewCrop (this will launch automatically when you access NewCrop) and click the Continue button on the Resume Identity Proofing Screen.
- Enter the Activation Code you received during your webcam meeting.
- Click the Submit button.