If you frequently write specific prescriptions at your practice, they can be added to your Doctor's Favorites List. Customize and save route and frequency details, special instructions and dispense information to save time creating common prescriptions. There are multiple ways to do this.
To view the Add a Favorite Prescription video, follow the directions in this article.
Jump to Section: [Build a New Favorite] [Add to Favorites from the Sig Builder]
Build a New Favorite
- Click the Doctor's Favorites link from the Admin tab, or click Add Favorite on the Favorites button drop-down from the Compose Rx tab. The Add New Drug Favorite window opens.
- From the Admin Tab
- From the Compose Rx tab
- Enter the name of the drug in the Search Field, then click the Drug Search button or press the Enter key.
- Search results display. If there are many results, each category of drug will be minimized by default.
Click on the Drug Name to expand the category and show the specific formulations.
- Select the Preferred Formulation to open the Sig Builder.
- Enter Route and Frequency details, Dispense Information and other instructions, then click Save.
- The Prescription is saved to the Doctor's Favorites List.
Add to Favorites from the Sig Builder
- Enter Route and Frequency details, Dispense Information and other instructions, then click the Add To Favorites checkbox.
- Click Prescribe. The Prescription is saved to the Doctor's Favorites List.